The Health and Wellbeing of our students is the responsibility of all staff. Good health and wellbeing is central to effective learning and preparation for successful adulthood.
Learning is this curricular area ensures that students develop the knowledge and understanding, skills, capabilities and attributes they need for wellbeing now and in the future.
The aim is to provide an environment of creativity and innovation, to:
- Build physical competences
- Improve aspects of fitness
- Develop personal and interpersonal skills and qualities
- Enhance the student experience by encouraging participation in physical activity out with the ‘school day’
- Establish patterns of activity that can be sustained into adulthood
- Investigate links between diet and physical activity
- Make appropriate use of technology
- Provide opportunities for collaborative and individual learning
- Provide opportunities to analyse, explore and reflect
Principal Teacher Curriculum Health and Wellbeing: Mr George Falconer
Main Subjects in Broad General Education: Dance, Physical Education and School of Rugby
Main Subjects in Senior Phase: Dance, Exercise and Fitness Leadership, Physical Education, School of Rugby and Sport & Recreation