Lasswade High School is an ambitious, caring and creative community working hard to achieve excellence for all our students. We aim to offer a wide range of opportunities that will allow students to achieve and encourage all members of our school community to pursue excellence in everything they do.
Our Vision Statement is, ‘Dream, Believe and Achieve @ Lasswade’. Our vision is underpinned by values which have been identified following a collegiate process bringing together the views of staff, students and parents. Our values are reflected in the policies and practices we continue to develop. These DREAM values are
The need to review the appropriateness of our school values is reviewed through our Senior leadership Team on an annual basis.
Our school is currently focused on improving two outcomes for students
- Raising attainment for all
- Closing the poverty related attainment gap
We aim to do this by working continuously within three contexts
- Improving our practice in Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- Developing our Curriculum
- Improving our Quality Improvement processes
The most important resource in our improvement journey is our staff. Three things are particularly significant in nurturing our staff
- Recruiting and retaining good people
- Working with our staff to make them better
- Getting our staff to do things that work.