Our Curriculum is the totality of all the learning and teaching experiences that are planned for our students across their time at Lasswade High School.
Our Vision Statement ‘Dream, Believe and Achieve @ Lasswade’ highlights the way we live and work within and beyond the school day. Our curriculum is underpinned by our set of ‘DREAM’ values to ensure a shared clarity of purpose. Lasswade High School is a unique school with world class facilities. We use local, national and international labour market intelligence to plan courses to best prepare our young people for life beyond school, underpinned by the national Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) agenda.
We recognise that to provide our young people with rich and varied learning experiences in a range of contexts it is crucial to work in partnerships with others. Expertise often lies beyond the school and learning opportunities are regularly planned with partner organisations including; statutory and voluntary organisations as well as employers, colleges, Universities and other partners supported by our Regional DYW team.
Our aim, through our curriculum, is to develop young people:
- who are confident, prepared to take calculated risks, can cope with change and view failure as part of the learning process
- who feel included in their community with an active desire to contribute politically, socially, culturally and economically
- who have high expectations of self and an ambitious vision for their future
- who have a ferocious work ethic that results in them achieving, and exceeding, their academic potential
- who are respectful, tolerant and empathetic towards the values and beliefs of others
- who are happy and have a desire to pursue a healthy, active lifestyle
- who are self-aware and know their own strengths through reviewing and evaluating their progress
- who have a range of transferrable skills for learning life and work including: communication; collaboration; critical thinking and creativity
- who are capable of making informed decisions and are aware of their rights and responsibilities
Lasswade High School aims to ensure that all young people experience an inclusive learning environment that supports all our students to achieve a positive and sustained post-school destination. To this end, we strive for excellence in attainment and achievement for all, as well as ensuring an equitable approach and an inclusive curriculum that reflects the changing needs of our community, young people and the skills required for a dynamic workforce.
Use the links on the side menu bar to find the information you need about our curriculum structure, choices and other curriculum related information.